Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Phobia

1st incident - TUDM
I prepared to go to work as usual that morning. Sharp at 6.45am, I headed straight to Seri Kembangan, the usual traffic hotspot. Got stuck there for a while. Then I passed Besraya toll straight to Tai Thong's school, another usual traffic hotspot. I estimated that I would spend around 20minutes there. Around that time, my car stopped all of a sudden every 5minutes. I was not sure why but I was quite panic when I could not start my car at all while cutting the left lane towards Jalan Istana, which is just infront the TUDM. I turned on the hazard lights at once. Some cars at the back were honking at me. Nak buat macammana. Bukan sengaja nak berenti pun. Fortunately, I was able to start the car again a few minutes after that. I was not confident that my car could go through another slow moving traffic. So I decided to stop by at the Jalan Istana-Jalan Sungai Besi junction's emergency lane, which is just below the fly over. I called my father and told him everything. My father was at kampung at that time so he gave me the number of the nearby workshop. The owner was Hisham. I waited for Hisham after I called him. Suddenly my phone rang, with my boss's number appeared on the screen.

"Apa ko buat kat emergency lane tu Zeta?"
"Saje lepak2 sambil hirup udara pagi yang segar" Haha ketawa dalam hati "Kete saya rosak la Kak Ana"
"Abis..macammana tu?"
"Saya dah call mekanik dah. Kak Ana kat mana tu?"
"Aku baru jek lepas tempat ko berenti tu, depan Istana"
"Ooo..ok..takperlah, saya tunggu jek la mekanik sampai. Apa2 hal kimsalam jek la diaorang kat opis tu kalau saya tak dapat datang keje ari ni"
"Ok"

Finally Hisham came over and sent me to the office. Later that afternoon, I was having a mere headache to know that the car needed for a top overhaul. Apakah itu top overhaul?!

2nd incident - Muzium Negara
After 3 weeks of top overhauling, same things happened to my car along the way around TUDM area. The temperature rose really quick. The car stopped at 60km/hr on the right lane aka speed lane, right after I passed the Istana. Great. Of all places, why must the speed lane? Then, I turned on the hazard lights, waited for a few minutes and try to start my car again. Alhamdullillah. The engine started and slowly I moved towards left to park my car at the small emergency lane, just before the Muzium. I waited in the car, hoping that it would cool down after another 15minutes. I really had to go to the office that day to ensure everything was ok with the Online Registration testing. Sikit lagi tu. Suddenly, a red Saga approached and parked just right behind my car. Kak Ana..you are really my saviour! I then paid RM2 for the Muzium Negara parking ticket, parked my car there and went away in the new red Saga to the office. Thanks to Kak Ana for being there for me and I am so sorry that you were late to the office because of me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment