Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baju Merah di Malaysia

I walked into the office this morning when my officemates started teasing me, saying "You look so red today" "Merahnye mak ngah". I just smiled. I don't mind with whatever people say, as long as I feel comfortable in the clothes I wearing. Baju kurung moden yang agak tabaruj warnanya, tapi jenis cotton serap peluh dan selesa untuk bergerak cepat. Jokingly I replied to them that I was actually an undercover spy for the Red Shirt movement in Thailand. They laughed at my remark.

Come to think of it, I remember a holiday trip to Bangkok that me and my frens went last 2 years back. Alhamdullillah nothing bad had happened to us. It was an enjoyable trip indeed. Bangkok surely a place worth visiting. Apart from my legs cramped that I could barely walk after having foot massage. A massage is supposed to be soothing, isn't it? Dahlah backpack berat.

A month after our trip, the breaking news of Yellow Shirts (against Thaksin) picket in Bangkok caught my attention. The incident caused all the flights delayed which resulted lots of people stranded in the Bangkok's International Airport. And at that time, we were so glad that we were already back in Malaysia. And now, the Thailand's political crisis seems to be worsening. In revenge the Thaksin's supporters copied the Yellow Shirt tactics and took to the streets in red shirts. Terkejut jugak bila baca berita pasal guna darah sendiri, 300liter, untuk disimbah ke pagar rumah PM mereka. Ada bagusnya kalau derma ke hospital.

Deep in my heart, I am grateful that our country Malaysia, is a peaceful place to stay and people here live in harmony, despite of the cultural differences and minor political conflicts we might have here and there. Let's pray that this shall continue this way. Amin.

2 comments:

  1. trust me, the situation here is not as bad as they portray on the news. its mainly peaceful, even a family event for some of them. see pics on my blog

    ReplyDelete