Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Once upon a time in Midvalley

Hari ni ialah hari terakhir cuti untuk tahun baru cina. Esok dah start keje. I've been spending all the time I have for this CNY hols at home..and did nothing. This pathetic situation has to be stopped. And with that, I have decided to get out of my comfort zone and do something.

I had asked a fren of mine, a nite before, to watch movie together at Midvalley. We usually prefer to buy or reserve tix online. It was so happened that the GSC has got some problems with its websites. So, I had to go out early in the morning and queue up to buy those tix.

The chaos started when I didn't tell my fren earlier about my queue-up plan, and this fren of mine thought that our outing was cancelled. So, she rushed off her feet this morning, knowing the fact that I was already in Midvalley.

Being such a considerate fren, she promised to meet up somehow. Little did we both expect that the back rows seats had all sold out for the afternoon show. We dun like front rows seats. So I bought two evening show tix, hoping that my fren wud be OK with the time. Coz I cudn't reach her while I was still at the counter.

I wandered around the mall while waiting for her call. I went to Toys R Us to buy gift vouchers for our colleague's new born baby and Carrefour to have a good look around for some baking ingredients. I was not sure why I was so annoyed when seeing lots of people wearing red shirts here and there. Pandang kiri, nampak merah. Pandang kanan pun merah. Aish..apa ni? Time orang pakai merah laa..semua orang pun nak pakai merah..Huhu..

My deep RED thoughts were interrupted when suddenly my handphone rang. But that was actually causing more disturbance to my little troubled thoughts, knowing that my fren had problem to stay until late evening. She forgot that today is her dad's birthday and they will have a family dinner tonite. "Yeah, that's..jussttt..greattt.."

Luckily she was on her way to Midvalley and willing to have lunch with me first to discuss how we shud go about the movie tix. And when she came over, guess what? She was wearing a RED shirt too. Wasn't that ironic? Huhu.

Soon, after having the Subway sandwiches for lunch, we had come to the conclusion that..we shud sell it to the people queuing up for the movie tix. And if nobody wants to buy, then, I, alone, shall stay to see the movie while my fren will still pay for another tix to overcome her self-guilt (that I will watch the movie alone). Another solution wud be asking my other frens to accompany me..err..but I'd rather not to sound that desperate..

At first I dun really think that, selling the tix, was such a bad idea. People come and go. Surely, nobody will ever really notice us once we've done and gone.

But it was kinda embarasssing after the 5th persons I approached, rejected the tix I was selling. Finally, on the 10th attempt, a couple had agreed to buy the tix from us. I was a bit nervous that I gave them back the wrong change. Kalut..kalut..

Yeah, anyway, mission accomplished! I managed to get my RM24 back and bought a dozen of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for my mum instead.

~The End~

No comments:

Post a Comment